I’m a whole lot of things: editor, humor writer, brand and content strategist, creative director, photographer, podcast producer, experience designer. But most of all, I'm a storymaker.
I can find the story in everything, like why there’s no room for potato sheds when it comes to information architecture. Or the dangers of leaving your kid alone with a payphone at the Black-eyed Pea.
My clients include venture capital firms, immersive experience designers, startups, and a pop culture icon who ran for Governor of California.
Want to work together? Let's talk. kristinhillery (at) gmail (dot) com
- It’s official: your home needs a slide (Huffington Post)
- The managing editor’s guide to getting out of the way (Writer’s Room)
- Content strategy and information architecture: you can’t have one without the other (Writer’s Room)
- The future of software sales (OpenView)
- Meet the illustrator behind Duolingo’s crying owl (Inside Design)
- How tough questions led to SurveyMonkey’s rebrand (OpenView)
- The robots are coming: major trends from SXSW (Inside Design)
- Sundays at 4 (named an Editor’s Pick on Medium)
Speaking and guest appearances
- Panelist at BrightTALK: Data and Creating Content, 2021
- Panelist at Confab, the content strategy conference, 2020
- Panelist at EventGeek’s Reboot 2020 virtual conference
- Host and producer of InVision’s Design+ Austin event, 2019
- Panelist at Within, the conference for women in design and technology, 2018
- Guest on the Exceptions podcast, 2018
- Guest on the It Takes Imagination podcast, 2018
- Panelist at Social Media Week Chicago, 2017